USCG Light Station
Restoration Photo Album, Page 5

Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6

Click on any image to view large version

June 14:  Carpenters from C.D. Smith came from Fond Du Lac to install the new Stallion doors

Ron Mans helps install the Stallion doors
The rear entrance of the station with new red roof shingles and Stallion door.  Dan Wright, President of Stallion Doors, donated the doors.
"Lighthouse Linda" Nenn and Mario Matsch, the Luxembourg creator of our new lantern, pose at the front entrance of the station
Jim Burmesch, our FedEx connection, & Lloyd Croatt were still painting the day prior to the dedication ceremonies!
Eva Struble Johnson & daughter Christine visited us from California.

Eva's father, Lester Struble, was the first assistant Keeper of our 1935 lighthouse.

Lloyd Croatt jumped into the work the week before the dedication.  Lloyd recruited over a dozen volunteers!
Pat Diedrich of Chicago pitched in with the painting just a day before the dedication.  Pat also donated new sod.
Paul Hansen takes his turn at painting windows.
September: The handicap access ramp takes shape.  Jackson Concrete donated the concrete, and Schmitz Ready Mix donated the stone.
Rick Smith turns a plumbing bump-out into a drop-leaf table.
Rick with the icebox he restored.  The missing front doors were replaced with one from the back side, and one fabricated by Rick.  The icebox was found in the attic of the Siewert house at the corner of Spring and Larabee in Port, and now sits in the Light Station kitchen.
Former USCG assistant Keeper Lee Scanlen and wife Ginny visited us for the dedication.
The station as it appears in autumn, 2002, as seen from the southeast.
The station as it appears in autumn, 2002, as seen from the southwest.

Back to the Light Station Renovation home page

This page updated Wednesday, November 20, 2002